Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), said: “None of you believe, unless he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”.(an-Nawawi) This particular Prophetic-Statement is often unfairly translated as to only apply to people whom are Muslims. However, when taken into greater context, this actually applies to anyone/everyone whom is a Human being, because by virtue of the fact that we are all the Children of Adam (Peace be upon him), that makes us all Humans, and it makes us all equal, valuable, valid, important, within the sight of Allah.
Have any of us really taken a step back, from our very own comfortable bubbles of our lives, to reflect upon how others actually exist, around the World? Of course we haven’t, because, if we had, the realities of what they go through would shake us to our very cores to such an extent, that as People of Conscious, we would compel ourselves to actually make real changes in these peoples’ lives, to help enhance their Humanity & by default of helping them, enhance our own Humanity as well. Because, when we help enhance others, we’re really help enhance ourselves; likewise, when we degrade others, we’re really degrading ourselves.
I’m going to give some examples of exactly what I mean:
1. Most of us, who just stop by & drink from any Water-Fountain that we choose, or just stop at any store/supermarket & buy some bottled-water with ease, really have no idea what it’s like to live in a place where the water is so contaminated that it can literally kill you on the spot, within days, if not hours, if you were to drink it.
2. Most of us go into our refrigerators, at will, to get whatever we want to eat, while in places around our cities, our nations, our planet, their are Human beings, just like us, who literally die from starvation, and this occurs by the day, by the hour, by the minute, by the second.
3. Most of us just go where ever we want, without even thinking that we could potentially be sold into Human-Trafficking style Slavery, or that our female loved-ones could quite possibly/probably be systematically gang-raped, just for stepping outside of their homes.
4. Most of us shop wherever we want, however we want, buying whatever our money can afford, while either not knowing or not caring that most of the clothes, computers, phones, etc., which we purchase, are produced in places where those who assemble, make, these products which we spend untold hundreds, thousands, millions, upon will probably never be able to afford one single thing that they’ve ever produced with their own hardworking hands.
5. Most of us just turn on the heat in the Winter & the A/C in the Summer, in such a very carefree manner, without knowing/caring that there are millions of people around the World, who suffer from heat-exhaustion when it’s hot, because they can’t afford A/C’s & freeze to death, because they can’t afford Heat, and/or whom don’t even have homes to even live in, to protect them from the Elements.
6. Most of us have no idea how easy it is to look into the sky & watch an Airplane go by, and just think nothing of it, while there are people whom are so afraid of anything flying over their heads, because they don’t know whether it’s just another (Military) Airstrike/Drone-Strike, terrorizing their neighborhood, their city, their country.
7. Most of us complain about everything, from not having the “right-job”, to not having the “ideal-house”, while we, as an industrialized-society, especially those of us who live within the United States and/or other G-20 or G-8 nations are wealthier than about 80% of the rest of our Human family, in regards to just owning stuff.
8. Most of us watch the News & tolerate the Media to influence what we think & how we feel about, “Extremism”, “Totalitarianism” “Terrorism”, etc. & have no problem rallying behind Islamophobic/Xenophobic concepts, yet we tolerate the Western-World supporting governments that would, according to unbiased standards, be in fact classified as “Rogue-States” or “Totalitarian-Regimes”, “Extremists”, or “Terrorists”, who condemn their Citizenry to the exact same atrocities which were imposed upon millions of Human beings, in both Europe & North-Africa, during the reign of the 3rd-Reich, during the 1930’s & 1940’s.
Now, one may very well ask, “What’s really the exact point in all this?”…Good-Question…here’s the answer: we, as Humans, have often forgotten what it truly means to be a true Human being. Being a Human being is not only what’s in our DNA, it’s within our demeanor, our decorum, our character, all of the positive things which we can/should exert towards all the Creation of Allah, the Creator/Lord of the Universe are what make us truly Humans; however, when not in line, in sync with positivity, we’re really just as savage, and brutal as any wild beast in any natural environment.(Noble Qur’an: Chpt.7, V.179)
We must all, as Humans, actually care for one another, because, we’re all cut from the same exact Human-Cloth, patterned by Allah, sewn together by Adam & Eve, the Parents of Humanity (Peace be upon them both).(Noble Qur’an: Chpt.49, V.13) Then, we’re really no better, superior than anyone else: it’s only because of our possessions of power, wealth, privilege, etc., that clouds our better-judgement, and with the deception of ash-Shaytan/the Devil, inspires our egos, converting pure humility & confidence into malicious arrogance & narcissism.(Noble Qur’an: Chpt.114, V.4-6) But, if/when stripped of all of that, then, we’re really exactly the same with the same wants/needs, desires, good-nature, pride, hopes & dreams, as any other Human being out there in our World. So, in closing, let’s truly change, improve the way we view members of our Human family, because we are them & they are us.